Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dentist Visit

Bev, Dr. Jeff, Tim

Dental Chair

This area is very popular and is called the OTC

Front of the office

I have been very lucky as far as dentistry goes this past year. But I had a tooth that was starting to have sensitivity to hot and cold. I decided that I better get it looked at before we left on vacation and back to the states. If I needed to see a dentist it would be the middle of July at the earliest. Bev had some work done here on Thurs. and was able to get me an immediate Saturday morning appointment. I took it.

Bev, as well as many of our QSI teachers have gone to Dr. Jeff and had a very pleasant experience. Dr. Jeff was trained in Shanghai. He speaks pretty good English which is a big plus. His office is just a 30 minute $6.00 taxi ride or one hour $.50 bus ride and 4 block walk away. He has hours on Saturday and Sunday! And we have been in his office as late as 7:30 p.m.! The office is very pleasant, even equipped with a computer and internet access for a waiting partner. The other pleasant surprise is the level of cleanliness of the office and the equipment that appears to be very new and up to date.

Dr. Jeff comes out and greats you when you arrive. He may take a cell phone call while he works on you, as he seems to make all of his own appointments, but he never leaves to attend to another patient, your his entire focus when your there.

Prices are very reasonable by western standards but more than some other Dentist here. His procedures are more time consuming as most fillings are a three visit affair and he uses only gold or porcelain. Well the good news for me is that my tooth can probably wait for a couple of months.

Website and location directions.

No comments: