Saturday, August 18, 2007

Health Exam on August 13, 2007

It rained no poured all night, sometimes hitting the window so hard it woke me up. Ok so today is Health Exam day. Started at 10:00 am with paperwork at the school. Ended at 4:45. Should have taken a total of two hours. But due to the language barrier and the way the Chinese do everything, slowly, it took a while. The people here say the Chinese exam is the most rigorous compared to other countries. When we were actually examined it was like an assembly line going in and out of rooms for different specific tests. I am glad I got to see a Chinese hospital before I really needed to go to one. Methods, cleanliness, and equipment are pre 1960’s! Just a little scary. Bev and I made them change gloves from the ones they used for the previous 10 people before they took a blood sample! I don’t even want to picture in my mind again the x-ray machine. Very scary! And I stood behind it!

No comments: