Monday, October 29, 2007

1.3 Billion





Yes, there are people everywhere. 7 million more every year. 34 new ones every minute of every day of every year. Shenhzen the city where I live, I live in a suburb (Shekou), has 14 million, with over 600 thousand moving in every year. When I leave my apartment and exit the elevator I will always see between 30 and 100 people on the street. Many many people and I am never ever by myself no matter where I go. I have not gone far enough yet to ever be away from city and crowds. This weekend I did a lot of travel on the light rail system and the subway. The subway in Hong Kong carries over 2 million people daily. That is a lot of riders on ever train!

This is just a few shots of Hong Kong and people from this weekend.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

So if you were one in a million, there would be 1,300 other people just like you. Makes you think.

That was one of the main things I remember about Asia on matter where you go there is always someone there.

Another reason personal space is much smaller in huge cities like this.