Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sideways Rain


Click on the picture to get a larger clearer view.
This is just outside our home as we walk to the school.

The weather here is not like any I have ever experienced. This morning I was about to leave the apartment when I looked outside and a cloud burst had just started. Sideways rain that gets you very wet. Everyone has an umbrella but using it and a nylon raincoat only helps in a minimal way. My shoulders were soaked and took about 2 hours to dry out after I got to school. It has rained here every day at some point, but one since we came. Bev asked after the first week, "Do you think we will ever see blue sky or the sun or stars and moon?" Well it did happen but it was only for one day and it was very beautiful. Most days look like a bad winter day in Seattle only much warmer and somewhat wetter, even when it isn't raining. I am told that the weather will change, I am hoping for something different. The pic is just outside the front door of our building this morning as we left. It is Typhoon season!

2 comments:

Dennis said...

It lookes like Seattle isn't such a bad place to be in the winter after all!

Lorna said...

EHH! That weather dosen't look very inviting but believe me Seattle hasen't been much better. I have turned my heat on a few times this month and it's AUGUST!