Sunday, August 26, 2007

Plant in aparment in under 1 hour







Within about two blocks of our apartment is a garden/nursery type of business. It is called the Flower Center but I saw very few flowers, lots of plants. At six in the evening Sunday, Bev and I decided to go take a look and see if we could find something for our apartment. Well we walked over looked around and found a plant that we thought would look very nice. We wanted to have it re-potted in something nice so we looked at the pots and picked out this one. Added some plants at the base and then had it taken to our apartment and placed in the living room in under an hour. If you think I should be helping pull the cart, believe me I tried but was told to leave it alone. I did get to help carry it in, it is pretty heavy. Total time was just under one hour. Total cost for everything, delivery was free and if you try to tip they are generally insulted, 210 RMB or about $29.00 US.

Here are pics of the whole process. In the pic of going down the street, the tall building is our building.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Tim, this is a great story. Some things just work different then in the US. But you got to love the service. I like the floor in your appartment, is it a hardwood floor? It looks nice with the black couch and chair.